Add a touch of Mexican flavor to your next evening meal with this delicious fiesta on a dish. Not only is it delicious, it is also low in calories, so it won’t wreck your diet. It has all the taste all the flavor of a much higher calorie meal without all the fat and carbohydrates. This sensational Mexican dish is excellent for entertaining guests, and for showing off your culinary skills, though it is extremely easy to prepare.
- 1 whole wheat or plain tortilla
- ½ cup of red bell pepper
- ½ cup of green bell pepper
- ¾ cup of chopped onion
- Your favorite taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. of shrimp
Using a medium sized sauce pan, cook the shrimp on top of the stove. Then add the peppers, taco seasoning, and olive oil and cook for about 5-10 minutes, or until the veggies are nice and soft. Layout a fajita and cover with the Greek yogurt. Pile on the cooked shrimp and vegetables and voila!
- Total amount of protein: 35 grams
- Total number of calories: 500
- Total amount of fiber: 7 grams