The Detox Prescription: 3 Day Cleanse
Dr. Woodson Merrell, the founder of one of the largest integrative medicine center and author of “The Detox Prescription“, is invited in the show of Dr. Oz to present a 3-day detox cleanse that will help you lower your blood pressure, reduce stress and inflammation aswell as help you lose some inches of weight.
The Detox Prescription is meant to help people supercharge their health, strip away their pounds and eliminate the toxins within. Just as most doctors, Dr. Woodson Merrel initially believed that detox programs are junk. Then, he realized that there is a lot of misinformation related to the matter and started a program that can be able to reduce inflammation, drop pounds, lose inches, lower blood pressure, balance stress and regain energy.
Dr. Oz: 3 Day Detox Diet Smoothie Drinks
Woodson Merrel MD explains to Dr. Oz how he organized everything according to colors. He says we need all the spectrum of colors that a rainbow has for your diet. Each family color includes similar effects on the body. For example, two plants from the same green family have the same detox properties. In order to illustrate how things really work, a round table is used. The table is like a circle that is sectioned in 6 parts, each having a different color, representing a different drink.
- Green Goodness Smoothie (8 am): We can start the detox process at 8 am with the smoothies made from greens (the green color), as they will provide energy.
- Raw Almond Milk (10 am): at 10 am you can move to the protein section with almonds, as they can provide high quality anti-inflammatory amino acids to help you detoxify and feel full.
- Cranberry Supreme Juice (12 pm): at 12 pm you have to move to apples and cranberries (the red color), because they can provide support for kidneys and the bowel to move out the toxins. The reasons for which many doctors are against detox is that many solutions are only able to expose the toxins and not to eliminate them. Dr. Oz says that people who go through a detox that is not well designed can do more harm to themselves than good.
- Carotenoid Smoothie (3 Pm): In the afternoon at 3 pm, you can have the orange color part of the circle: sweet potatoes and apples.
- Bravocado Smoothie (5 Pm): Bravocado smoothie is made with coconut milk, avocado and pears. Avocados has essential fatty acids and the most powerful antioxidants that can help you eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Raw Walnut Milk (7 Pm): The 7 pm last drink involves nuts and other sources of proteins, anti-inflammatory amino acids and essential fatty acids to end your days gloriously
This method seems good in theory, but Dr. Oz wants to invite two ladies in the show to test it. The first individual is a blonde woman named Lora, who is a school counselor and used to snack because of her busy schedule. The second one is a black woman who is pregnant and she thinks that the baby food causes her problems. When she is feeding her baby, she is snacking a lot and she feels like becoming a garbage disposal. In the first day of a 3 day cleanse, the two subjects have made recordings stating how they feel. The cleansing process is done with smoothies and it seemed hard in the beginning. Lora has developed a headache and the black women says she was hungry.
From the second day, it becomes easier, you feel more energized and you can even lose pounds. Lora was concerned about not having coffee, but she ended up having more energy than she usually had while drinking coffee. The next phase is to continue with a 21 days plan, first with juices that are easily digestible. Then, they can have delicious recipes with vegetables and solid food. In the end, they can eat animal products like non-fat dairy, eggs and fish. In order to get started yourself, you only need a blender, which is really affordable and easy to use.
Learn more about how you can reset your body, eliminate the toxins, lose pounds and restore your health in dr. Woodson Merrell’s book, The Detox Prescription.