This is a breakfast option that can be made in just minutes and can also be enjoyed on the Total Choice 1600-calorie plan. Blueberries are rich in fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C, and banana helps add a creamy texture to the oats.
Dr. Oz: Blueberry and Banana Oats Recipe:
The following ingredients will be needed for this recipe:
- 1/2 cup of instant steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 of a banana that has been sliced
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
Heat the almond milk on the stove top before pouring it over the oats. Stir the mixture and allow to sit until the oats become thick and creamy. When this happens, stir in the blueberries, banana, and chia seeds.
- Total amount of protein: 16 grams
- Total number of calories: 450
- Total amount of fiber: 18 grams