Perfect for cold weather, this delicious recipe turns an age-old favorite into a hearty soup to warm the cockles of you and your family’s heart. Who would’ve thought that turning an American classic like stuffed peppers, an oven prepared dish, into a delectable soup prepared on top of the stove.
Dr Oz: Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 hollowed out medium green pepper
- 1 hollowed out medium green pepper diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 10 oz. lean ground turkey
- 10 oz can tomato sauce
- Put the tomatoes and whole pepper in a blender and shred until it becomes a liquid.
- Put the turkey in a small pot and cook on top of the stove until done.
- Add the diced pepper and continuing stirring.
- Add the rice, tomato sauce and the rest of the ingredients from the blender and continue to stir. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
- Total amount of protein: 15 grams
- Total number of Fiber: 3 g
- Total number of calories: 130
- Total number of carbs: 15
- Total amount of Sugar: 4 g
- Total amount of Sodium: 160 mg
- Total amount of Cholesterol: 40 mg
- Total amount of Saturated fat: 0 g