Chicken Pot Pie
The following ingredients will be needed for this recipe:
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 1 pound of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of carrots that have been sliced
- 2 cups of peas
- 1/2 cup of potatoes that have been chopped
- 1 dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 dash of sea salt
Directions for crust
Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and egg into a dish. Form the mixture into a disk before wrapping the dish in some plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Directions for filling
Using a wide pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over a medium to high flame heat. Next, add in the onions and stir them frequently until they turn golden brown. Then, add in the peas, carrots, chicken broth, rosemary, thyme, sage, pepper, and potatoes. You will then want to combine the almond milk and the remaining flour, adding this to the stove top mixture. Cook and stir the mixture until the sauce thickens.
Once the sauce thickens, dish it out into 8 individual ramekins.
Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out the crust and cut out 8 circles, placing one on top of each ramekin. Sprinkle each with the sea salt and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve while still warm.
- This recipe makes a total of eight serving.
- Total number of calories: 341
- Total amount of protein: 22 grams
- Total amount of fat: 19 grams
- Total amount of fiber: 7 grams
- Total amount of sugar: 7 grams
- Total amount of sodium: 701 milligrams