The following ingredients will be needed for this recipe:
- 2 cups of soy milk
- 4 ounces of Idaho potatoes that have been finely peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- 6 ounces of dry farfalle pasta
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces of Shittake mushrooms that have been de-stemmed and julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of onions that have been finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic that has been finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley that has been chopped (this ingredient is optional for garnish)
Directions for sauce
Add the potatoes, soy milk, salt, and pepper to a small sauce pan over low flame heat. Continue to whisk frequently until the soy milk begins to thicken, then remove the sauce pan from the heat and set aside.
Directions for pasta
Boil a pot of water before cooking the farfalle pasta until it is al dente.
As the pasta cooks, heat the extra virgin olive oil, sale, pepper, and Shittake mushrooms over a low flame heat, sauteeing for approximately five minutes before setting aside. Next, use the same skillet to sautee the onions in one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil over a medium flame heat until the onions turn golden. Cook the garlic by making a well in the middle of the pan. All another teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and sautee the garlic until it becomes fragrant, then begin mixing the onions and garlic together. Next, add the mushrooms and sauce to the mixture and cook until hot.
When the pasta is finished cooking, remove the pot and pour everything in a strainer in order to strain the pasta.After the straining has been completed, rinse the pasta thoroughly and put it into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
When the sauce is hot, stir in the cooked pasta and cook everything until it is hot. Garnish with one tablespoon of fresh parsley when finished if you desire.
- This recipe makes a total of four servings, with each serving size being 1 1/4 of a cup.
- Total number of calories: 390
- Total amount of sodium: 580 milligrams
- Total amount of sugar: 8 grams
- Total amount of cholesterol: 0 grams
- Total amount of saturated fat: 2 grams
- Total amount of fiber: 7 grams
- Total amount of protein: 14 grams
- Total amount of carbohydrates: 55 grams