Jicama Lime salad is a crunchy refreshing salad with citrus flavor, you can have it on lunch or dinner. This dish can be enjoyed on the Total Choice 1600-calorie plan and is suitable for either a quick lunch or dinner.
Dr. Oz: Total Choice Jicama Lime Salad
The following ingredients will be needed for this recipe:
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds of jicama that has been trimmed and cut into 1/4″ x 2″ strips
- Fresh parsley or cilantro that has been chopped (this ingredient is optional)
Combine the cayenne pepper, salt, and lime juice into a large bowl, mixing well. Next, add the jicama strips, tossing until the strips are fully coated. Top with parsley or cilantro if you wish before serving.
This recipe makes a total of 6 servings, with each service size being 1 cup.
- Total number of calories: 60
- Total amount of sodium: 330 milligrams
- Total amount of sugars: 3 grams
- Total amount of cholesterol: 0 milligrams
- Total amount of saturated fat: 0 grams
- Total amount of fiber: 8 grams
- Total amount of protein: 1 gram
- Total amount of carbs: 15 grams