Enjoy meat at its finest without the guilt. As its name implies, here is a quick recipe for Sloppy Jims that should be perfect for the you and for other members of the family. Enjoy this recipe on the 1200-calorie Total Choice plan.
Total Choice Sloppy Jims Recipe
In order to create a delicious, Quick Sloppy Jims Meal, you need to have these ingredients ready:
• 1/2 cup of sweet onion, diced
• 1/2 cup of green pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup of red pepper, diced
• 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp canola oil
• 1.5 tsp sugar free rice vinegar
• 1.5 tsp agave nectar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• ¼ tsp thyme
• 12 oz ketchup with 2g sugar per serving
• 1 lb lean ground turkey
Here is the step-by-step procedure in preparing for this meal:
1. Sauté onions for 1 minute with the canola oil in a non-stick pan with medium heat. Add the garlic for 1 minute and then include the peppers until they are soft.
2. Add the turkey in small batches in order to make sure that they are fully cooked.
3. Add salt, thyme, as well as pepper for seasoning.
4. Stir the turkey frequently to even out the cooking.
5. Add ketchup, mustard, vinegar, as well as agave nectar when the meat becomes firm as well as cooked to your desired doneness.
6. Stir well for 5 more minutes before serving. Suggested serving size is 1/2 cup per person.
Preparation Time: 60+ minutes
Nutritional Count: 100 calories, 2g sugar, 320mg sodium, 14f protein, 1g fiber, 20mg cholesterol, 5g carbohydrates