Packed with colors, flavors, as well as nutrients, the Rainbow Bean Salad would be a perfect meal for picky eaters. Rich in an assortment of greens, its nutritional benefits are great for children as well as adults.
This recipe is full of vitamins and fiber, it can protect against colon cancer, heart disease, inflammation and vision problems. Eat this recipe on the Total Choice 1200-calorie plan.
Total Choice Fiesta Bean Salad Recipe
Below are the ingredients in making this recipe:
• 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
• 1.5 cups of canned cannellini beans or garbanzo, drained
• 1.5 cups of canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1.5 cups of canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup of frozen baby corn
• 1 cup of diced celery
• 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
• ¼ cup each: diced and seeded red, yellow, and green pepper
• ¼ cup of canola oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp dry mustard
• 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• ¼ tsp paprika
• 1 tbsp agave nectar
• 2 tsp agave nectar
• 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Following are the steps that need to be done in order to come-up with a tasty Rainbow Bean Salad:
1. Grab a large bowl and add together the following: salt, dry mustard, oil, pepper, agave, paprika, as well as garlic. Whisk them all together.
2. Add all the other ingredients and mix again until they are properly distributed.
3. Put them in the cooler for two hours before serving.
4. Best eaten when cold, this recipe can satisfy 18 people. Each serving size is 1/2 cup.
Preparation Time: 20+ minutes
Nutritional Count: 240 calories, 270mg sodium, 3g sugar, 3g fiber, 1.5g saturated fat